Marchands des Amériques Inc. is a marketing company that works in partnership with the large government monopolies such as the Société des Alcools du Québec (SAQ), the Liquor Control Board of Ontario (LCBO), and the Nova Scotia Liquor Corporation (NSLC) and with alcohol beverage producers from all over the world to bring their products into the Canadian markets. Our company is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant to support the management and sales team in our Mississauga office.
Skills and Knowledge
- Bilingual: French and English (will conduct business in both languages)
- Exceptional communication skills and positive It Can be Done attitude
- Self-motivated individual that feels comfortable working independently and in a team
- Minimum College/CEGEP education (Bachelor Degree preferred)
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point)
- Basic accounting skills, experience with book keeping and working knowledge of QuickBooks
- Strong attention to details and superior organization skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner
- Motivated learner interested in acquiring new skills and competencies
- Basic knowledge and high interest in the wine and spirits industry
- Strong interpersonal skills (both with professionals and customers)
- Working knowledge of social media (Twitter, Instagram) and website management a plus
- 3 plus years of experience (5+ preferred)
Job Description Summary
- Booking and accounting
- Enter company expenses/payments in QuickBooks
- Prepare and send customer/producer invoices using QuickBooks
- Invoice tracking and follow ups
- Sales and marketing team support
- Run analyses and prepare reports/presentations on stock inventory, sales, upcoming tenders, company profile, etc.
- Manage correspondence by phone and email with members of the sale team, producers, store product consultants, and customers.
- Coordinate on-trade (restaurant) orders from the sales team
- Organize team meetings and take minutes
- Collaborate with the sales and management team to create technical sheets and internal operational policies
- Fill out tenders and coordinate submissions
- Other potential marketing projects based on company needs
- 40 hours per week mostly weekdays 8:30 am – 5 pm
- 38,000-45,000 per year ($18 – $22 per hour) commensurate with experience
How to apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, we will not consider your job application.
Please note only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.